By means of qualitative magazines, TV, radio and digital media Sanoma gives her customers access to the rest of the world. Through knowledge, entertainment, inspiration and eduation Sanoma helps them to understand the world better and to fully enjoy life, hence our slogan:
The Sanoma Way
The Sanoma Way stands for the way we work and take decisions at Sanoma. We do this on the basis of several specific basic qualities: Look Ahead, Share Views, Engage People and Make it happen. These four shared values not only determine who we are but also confirm the objectives we aim for.
Creation Femmes d'Aujourd'hui
Creation Het rijk der vrouw
Creation Libelle N.V. at Drukkerij De Spaarnestad, Netherlands
Creation Goed Nieuws
Goed Nieuws becomes Rosita. IUM becomes part of the Verenigde Nederlandse Uitgeversbedrijven (VNU)
Magazine Rosita and weekly Libelle become one magazine
Creation Fit & Gezond (now: Vitaya Magazine)
Purchase N.V. Perexma & The Press
Establishment Mediaxis, joint venture with Marie Claire Album (FR) and Marie Claire VOF (NL)
Creation Feeling Wonen/Gael Maison
Creation first men's magazine Menzo
Takeover by the Finnish group Sanoma, Mediaxis is part of Sanoma Magazines n.v.
Name change Sanoma Magazines Belgium
- Name change Sanoma Magazines Belgium
- - Takeover SBS (VT4 and VijfTV) together with Corelio and De Vijver. Sanoma Media Belgium becomes the joint owner of SBS Belgium, Humo NV and Woestijnvis
- Launch website Shedeals.be (e- commerce)
- Sanoma takes over Head Office, a communication agency specialised in brand activation, direct marketing, customer magazines, content marketing and loyalty.
- Zuidpoort Mechelen - de maquette
- Establishment first radio station Sanoma Media Belgium: StoryFM 2013:
- Sanoma Media becomes Sanoma and establishes the first TV channel: Libelle TV
- Launch Belgian Marie-Claire NL + FR
Although the roots of Sanoma are in the field of print, its branches are no longer limited to one medium. On the contrary, Sanoma guarantees strong brands that link consumers and content. Always and everywhere. Because of this, Sanoma manages to offer its advertisers marketing opportunities that can efficiently and creatively anticipate their needs.
Apart from its media platform Sanoma also offers its customers numerous tailor-made solutions for the build-up and reinforcement of their own brands and services. The Content Marketing department, consisting of sQills, KungFu and Head Office, guarantee a 360° offer in the field of brand activation, direct marketing, custom publishing, content marketing and loyalty programmes.
Sanoma is part of the Sanoma Group, an international media and education business. In the field of media it serves consumers as well as companies and brands in more than 20 countries at different media channels, ranging from written press to digital media. The educational activities of the Sanoma Group are represented by Publisher Van In in Belgium. Publisher Van In develops educational learning methods for children, youngsters and adults for home and school. You can find more information about our international activities on www.sanoma.com
- Taking care of our employees and freelancers
- Developing personal skills and training
Society and economy
- Economical impact on society
- Promotion of languages and culture
- Collaborations with NGO's and charities
- Editorial integrity
- Freedom of speech
- A responsible and conscious advertising policy
- Ecological and conscious use of material
- Certified eco-friendly management systems
- Follow-up and reduction of our own ecological footprint
Through its various media Sanoma reaches three million women in Belgium. This is why we find it important to contribute our share in the battle against breast cancer. Sanoma has been supporting Pink Ribbon since 2007 and uses its entire means to focus attention to the problem of breast cancer, in the field of prevention and tracing as well as with regard to providing accurate information.
Femmes d’Aujourd’hui celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2013, which makes it our oldest magazine?
Sanoma has no less than 72% female employees?
- Libelle NV was founded in Spaarnestad, the Netherlands in 1945?
Sanoma is also responsible for the personality magazines of, among others, Sergio Herman and Nathalie Meskens?
Sanoma means “message” in Finnish?
Sanoma aired its first radio station in 2012: StoryFM?
Sanoma employs more than 10,000 people in Europe?
Libelle NV in 1945 werd opgericht in Spaarnestad, Nederland?
Sanoma has a staggering 48 magazines in its portfolio?