1. Personal data in general
Sanoma collects personal data via this Website / this Application. These data shall be stored in the Sanoma addresses database, for the purposes described hereafter. Your data may also be passed on to third parties (such as companies within the group and commercial partners) for direct marketing purposes, unless you were to explicitly object to this. If you do not wish your data to be used for direct marketing purposes, you may:
- Specify this when you register on the Website / in the Application, or
- Contact Sanoma via the contact details featuring at the end of this article (point 6.7).
You are always free to consult, correct or have your data deleted from the Sanoma database. In that case, kindly contact us via the aforementioned contact details. In the latter case, please make sure that you give us your exact name and address (correctly spelt). We undertake to delete your details from the list we share with other companies/organisations on receipt of your request.
When you visit our Website / Application we shall store:
- Your domain name (IP address) when you visit our web pages / applications
- Your e-mail address if you furnished us with it. Your e-mail address will only be used for commercial purposes and provided and to the extent that you agree to this via 'opt-in' (cf. below also)
- All the information regarding the pages you consulted on our Website / in our Application
- Any other information you furnished voluntarily, e.g. at the time you registered on the Website / in the Application (such as your postal address, research information...).
This information is used to:
- Improve the content of our Website / Application
- Furnish you with specific information or to reply to your query (e.g. participation in a competition or when purchasing a product)
- Subsequently contact you with regard to information about our products and offers and this for direct marketing purposes.
To that effect, the Website / Application uses so-called 'cookies', i.e. tiny files our Website / Application sends to your browser to help us identify returning visitors and which are stored on your hard disk. This prevents that you will continuously have to re-identify yourself (by entering your login and password) before you can avail of certain services. Sanoma reserves the right to use these cookies and to offer you a personalised version of the present Website / Application.
To remove these cookies, please consult your browser manual. You are free to disable this option in your browser. When you do, you may be unable to consult and/or use certain components of this Website / Application or may only have partial access to them.
Please click here for further information about our cookies policy.
Every time you visit a site / application featuring the CIM logo , CIM, the Centre for Information about Media, collects information about the pages you consult (number of page requests, visits, visitor, ...) by means of a cookie. This information is compiled for statistical purposes only and does not allow you to be identified in any way. Further information about, including the results of, this study can be found on www.cim.be.
To offer you products that may be of interest to you, Sanoma may also call on the services of online advertising agencies. These agencies then get permission from Sanoma to advertise on our web pages / in our applications. When you visit our Website / Application, these online advertising agencies can hence also collect information such as your domain name and your IP address. Sanoma is affiliated to the IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau). Certain items of information are also stored in so-called 'log-files', which a. o. allow Sanoma to analyse traffic to this Website / Application, including the profile of the users of this Website / Application.
In case the Website / Application serves as a platform on which users can buy products from third party vendors, data can be processed, as a result of the use of the platform, by Sanoma itself, the third party buyers or the supplier of the software used for the transaction (i.a. personal data of the user, details of the transaction (prices, product data), view, click and shopping behavior, tracking cookies), it being understood that the data processed by the supplier of the software will always be anonymized en that these data are intended to improve user experience for all users of the software.
When we receive your details or transfer it to the Website / into the Application, we always use encoding techniques that meet the accepted standards prevailing within the IT sector. We have put the necessary security measures in place to avoid that any information received on our Website / in our Application gets lost, is used for illegitimate purposes or is amended. If we were to receive or transmit certain items of critical information, such as financial details, we use a secure server. If we transmit data to third parties with whom we have concluded a contract (such as online payment parties), said third parties are obliged to take the necessary and contractually stipulated security measures.
3. Communications by post
If you furnish us with your postal address via the Web, your details will be processed and may be used in accordance with the provisions of article 6, point 1 ("Personal data in general") above.
4. Communications by telephone
If you furnish us with your telephone number via the Web, you may be phoned by:
- Our company in relation to information about our products and services or events
- Companies within the group or commercial partners
If you do not (or no longer) wish to receive any of these phone calls, kindly contact us via the contact details listed below (point 6.7). In the latter case, please make sure that you give us your exact name and address (correctly spelt). We undertake to delete your details from the list we share with other companies/organisations on receipt of your request.
If you furnish us with your mobile phone number via the Web, you will only receive text messages (SMS/MMS etc.) from our company when we need to notify you in relation to orders you have placed. If you avail of our mobile services, we shall store your mobile phone number and your mobile phone's technical data to provide you with the best possible service. In that case, we shall also store information about your use via our Mobile Services (SMS/MMS sent and received, use of our Mobile Magazine Services such as the pages you visited, usage of the Sanoma mobile Internet sites and IVR data which you as user furnished explicitly).
5. Communications by e-mail
If you furnish us with your e-mail address via the Web, you may:
- Be contacted by our company by e-mail with regard to information about our products and services or events (for direct marketing purposes) if you have explicitly agreed to this or if you already feature in our client base and have provided us with your e-mail address;
- For direct marketing purposes, receive e-mails from companies within the group and from commercial partners if you have expressly consented to this.
If you no longer wish to receive any of these e-mails, kindly contact us via the contact details listed below (point 6.7). In the latter case, please make sure that you give us your exact name and address (correctly spelt). We undertake to delete your details from the list we share with other companies/organisations on receipt of your request.
6. The Robinson List & Do Not Call Again List
If you no longer wish to receive any mailings or telephone calls from any company, then register your name on the Belgian Direct Marketing Association's Robinson List:
- Online: www.robinson.be.
If you no longer wish to receive any telephone calls from any company, then register your name on the Do Not Call Again List:
- Online: www.bel-me-niet-meer.be;
- By phone on free-phone number +32 800 40440.
Our contact details: Sanoma Media Belgium N.V./S.A., Stationsstraat 55, 2800 Mechelen (Belgium), email@example.com